Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lesson Fourteen: Circuits

Well back into the circuit again today, for the first time in the Alphas. This was always going to be an interesting lessons as the controls are much more responsive then the 152's. I guess the increased power makes for alot more airflow over the wings, hence the increased responsiveness.

Because of homework and my part time job, I lack motivation to learn my checklists, which is a bit lazy on my part. I had gone over my circuit procegures quickly, so I roughly knew the heights of when we should turnin the circuit, raise/lower our flaps and switch the landing lights. Unfortunately I hadn't learnt much of my general checks so I had to get my instructor to go through them with me. I'm a bit confused with all the digital readouts in the Alphas, with all the switches and things you have to toggle to get the required readouts etc. Good things take time, though.

I cant really recall this lesson, as I didn't write a report after it but I'm guessing it was a fairly average lesson. Flying in the circuit really does require you to know your checks well, so until I learn them properly, progress will be slow.

Flying time: 0.65 hrs
Total flying time: 10.55 hrs

No comments: